Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Day with "Auntie"


I NEVER thought I would be so thrilled to walk into "advanced" pre-school to pick up my best friend Leslie's twins! They were so excited to see me and even more excited when I told them we were going to McDonald's for lunch! Little Miss "Princess" wanted the Bacon Ranch Tossed Salad, specifically, with "crispy chicken". I'm thinking, "What about kids wanting a burger or chicken nuggets.....SALAD"?? "Mr. Man" was more interested in playing games than eating! :-) They managed to manipulate some quarters out of me to play some games. One was Air Hocky....I sat back, acutally impressed at how good they played. "Mr. Man" ended up winning the game...6 to 3! Not bad!!!!!!!!!!! It was touch and go for a while as Little Miss "Princess" had the lead!

We ended up back at their house playing "monsters" and Little Miss "Princess"... protecting me with her "Magic Jump Rope" to ward off the evil monster.....who her brother was pretending to be! Ha, ha, ha! The one new thing learned was that the little lizards they got at school, when thrown, stick to the ceiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha, ha, ha!

The BEST part of the day was curling up on the bed with them and reading a pile of books. They were suppose to be "resting" their eyes but I continued to let them bring me books because I was so happy to have them snuggled around me.

They are little treasures. Leslie and her husband tried for FIVE years and ended up pregnant on their LAST treatment. I've got most of their hand-me-downs, stored and in order of age, just waiting to put them to use someday with our own kids!!!!!!! LOVE you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At October 31, 2005 7:09 AM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time... You're gonna make a great mom some day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home