Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The "Drug" Run....


So yesterday, I went to Acupuncture & Herbs in Hallowell because the fertility doctors suggest combining I.V.F./Hormone therapy along with acupuncture, can increase our chances of getting pregnant. So, I do this and it is SUCH a treat. I have always loved acupuncture. To complete the evening, my friend Justine and I meet for dinner. On our way home, it's sleeting and the temperature is dropping to the "freezing mark". Gerry and I agreed that it would be best for me to stay overnight in Augusta. Well, it dawned on me later into the evening, that I didn't have my BCP's and that I was scheduled for my first Lupron injection. I called Dr. Hartog's answering service and immediately received a call back, to find out WHAT I should do....given that it all seems so "critical". Dr. Hartog assured me that it was FINE to start the Lupron the follwing day but that I NEEDED to get my evening dose of birth control!!!!! It was 8p.m. and ALL pharamcies closed. So, Justine and I started calling EVERYONE we knew, that could potentially donate to the cause. We FINALLY find a friend (THANK YOU ERICA) that had a new pack so we drive over to Mark & Erica's to secure "the pill". On our way out the door, (mind you, Justine and I are BOTH dressed in our PJ's). I lost my footing on their steps and crashed HARD on my butt!!!!!!!!!! It took my breath away. Of course, I started laughing as my butt is soaking wet and Justine is doubled over, hysterically laughing! Both Mark & Erica in the background asking if I'm alright. Oh, the fun you don't know you can have getting ready to go through I.V.F. I had all I could do to sit and stand today. My butt hurts soooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!! I've considered the possibility of something being chipped on my tail bone but I have no evidence of that on an x-ray!

Morals of the story:
1. Don't leave home unprepared. You never know where you will end up without your drugs or what you will have to do to get them!
2. When your friend tells you that wearing her flip flops is taking your life in your own hands because they are dangerous, LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At October 26, 2005 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! It makes me giggle everytime I think about turning around and seeing you in MY pj's sitting on the steps; I told you those damn flip flops were not good for hurricane weather!!!!

 
At October 27, 2005 4:05 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

I know....the flip flops were not a good choice OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!! Unfortunately, my ass doesn't feel any better today. I'm thinking the recovery is going to be a long haul! :-)

 
At October 28, 2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Lol... sorry to hear about your butt! I hope it's feeling better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home