Friday, October 28, 2005

"These flowers are from my husband"?


So, I'm sitting at my desk at work on Thursday when flowers came through the front door. I disregarded because clearly they were not for me. :-) Marjorie said, "Tonya, these flowers are for you". At first, I giggled and said, "Nize must have sent them" (my sister-in-law). I opened the card and it was revealed.....the SOFTER side of Gerry!!!!!!!!!! :-) Happy Anniversary!!!! The expression on my face: PRICELESS!! Now, it's been six years since my last batch of flowers were given to me by my husband. I still have that picture in a FRAME! Ha, ha, ha!

A little history:
Gerry and I met six years ago (married for four). We both had come out of ended relationships and healing....at least I was healing. My best friend, Leslie, told me at work one day, that "when I was ready", she had a guy that I needed to meet. Without much hestiation, I agreed to the "blind date". Being nervous and several changed outfits later, I end up getting to the Sea Dog LATE!!! Gerry was NOT impressed and being the "duchess" and not feeling like I was properly greeted, I said to myself, "THIS is going to be a short night". Well, a few drinks later and the "softer" side of Gerry appeared. Then, I said to myself that I was NOT going to leave until I kissed him! I did! A year and a half later, Gerry asked me to marry him. Well, he didn't actually ask, he said (as he handed me the diamond in the box), "Here, try this on and see if it fits". :-) All of you that know him, can appreciate this.

Some of the things I enjoy about my husband is that he likes to cook AND will often, pack me a left over lunch. He loves me for everything that I am and everything that I am not. He challenges me to be all that I choose to be. He actually says, "NO" to me and doesn't fall for my manipulative tactics (like the rest of you guys). He's going to be a great father someday....soon (we're hoping). He takes care of me & loves to make me happy. He let's me have my independence and is not jealous. He has three sisters that consider me their sister and a wonderful father-in-law----who is a gadget freak like me. So thanks babe, for growing with me over the last six years!!!!

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2005 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the "softer" side of Gerry - very becoming on him!!!

 
At October 29, 2005 8:27 AM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Happy Anniversary :) It's nice to know a little history about you guys...

 
At October 29, 2005 9:27 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

THANKS! He's not all brass like he typically occurs to people! I love him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home