Monday, November 14, 2005

The "Blood Drive"...

So, this is the FIRST time that there was a breakdown in communication for my suppression test/blood work to check follicle growth and hormone levels.

BACKGROUND: Mind you, my day starts at 3:30 in the morning when I drag my ass out of bed to get to the gym and work out to keep myself healthy for the coming pregnancy & life in general. I race through a shower, make the trip to Portland for my 7:30 appointment (with enough time to get a coffee and gas...(notice the order of importance). Before I left, I asked the sonographer about blood work. She explained that she didn't have an order for it and that the lab tech didn't come in until 8:30. I questioned her about it because I was pretty sure the protocol was suppression test AND blood work. She indicated that perhaps the order was going to be blood work locally... in the area of where I work----an hour north! When I got back to the office, I called Laura-Jean (infertility nurse) and left a message to have her call and let me know when I should go to the hospital in Augusta for blood work. Fourty-five mintutes later, she calls me, telling me that I CANNOT have blood drawn in Augusta and that I have to get to the closest NordX lab....which was 45 mintues away. I explained rather "hormonally", that I WAS NOT happy about that breakdown in communication and had I KNOWN, I would have waited an hour for the lab tech to come draw my blood. I had to go ALL THE WAY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOOD WORK REVEALS: The long awaited phone call finally came in. The doctor is not pleased with my estrogen levels and now I'm up to three shots a night...Lupron, Follistim & adding Menopur (stimulates follicle growth & the ovaries to produce eggs). I've got another scheduled suppression test Wednesday morning at 7:00a.m. I will NOT leave until someone has taken blood from my arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

That's the latest scoop! The good thing that came out of that breakdown was a breakthrough!I got some really good coaching from my friend Melissa with regard to relationships! THANKS SWEETIE! It was "meant to be"! :-)

4 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drive carefully tomorrow - wish I could be making the trip with you! I will definately be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting your arrival at Club Evergreen!! We need you!!! Love you, girl!!!

 
At November 15, 2005 8:02 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Thanks woman! If you need a coffee, give me a call! I will pick it up on my way back through! I'm in a much better space tonight! I kicked the shit of my punching bag at Kick boxing tonight! FELT GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

 
At November 16, 2005 4:43 AM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Thinking of you...

 
At December 07, 2005 3:56 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

I AM SO BEHIND ON YOUR BLOG!! I can't wait to read on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home