Thursday, November 24, 2005

The "Turkey" at Thanksgiving

"Uncle Gerry, throw the blanket"! Miss Gabby thought it was a ton of fun to have Tatone & Uncle Gerry throwing blankets at her. She was quite a "turkey" today! Wound up and wanting to run and play! She's coming out of her shy way of being and doesn't stop talking or wanting to have fun! She was in charge, certainly....telling them when they could throw the blankets. "Mark, get set, gooooooooooooooo"! Talk about a woman in charge!!!!!!!!!



Gabby was showing me Zoe, Elmo, Bert & Ernie. She was quite the story teller! I must admit, she is VERY smart! I cannot believe how much she has grown over the last few months! She does have me wrapped right around her little finger....I wouldn't want it to be any other way! :-)


Resting our bellies, trying to make room for dessert! My mother put on quite the spread. All sorts of pies....banana cream, chocolate cream, pumpkin, apple, pecan....whoa! So much to choose from. I don't know how I managed but I got down a slice of chocolate cream! YUMMY!

My mother also surprised us girls this year with our childhood Christmas Tree!!!!!! For those of you who don't know, my mother has failed to put up the tree that for the last 20 something years of my life, was what I was use to. It ALL started when she stopped stuffing our Christmas stockings and doing "gift bags with goodies". I had a ROUGH one over that....separation from childhood....tears and complete drama! It nearly threw me into a panic attack. Then, one year I went home for Christmas (two years ago) to find a "Charlie Brown Tree" in the living room. Let me just say, it nearly sent me into another year of therapy. I have never stopped giving my mother shit. She was very proud of her little thing she called a Christmas Tree. One with barely any branches, adorned with antique ornaments and wooden red bead garland. It was the kind of tree you find at a Country store on display. Well, it seems as though I will re-visit my childhood AGAIN this year (THANKS MOM!) and perhaps, if I bring home my Christmas stocking, I can somehow use my manipulative tactics and get her to stuff it this year!!!!!!!!! WHA whooooooooo! Hey, I'm not thirty-something without getting this down to a science!

3 Comments:

At November 24, 2005 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day!!

 
At November 27, 2005 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that picture of you and Gerry! Please thank Gerard for the thought of picking me up on turkey day - I truly appreciate the kindness.

 
At December 07, 2005 4:23 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

The pictures of you and the turkey and you and Gerry are GREAT!! You are too funny... needing therapy! :) You'll have to send your mom the bill... ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home