Thursday, January 05, 2006

Good-bye Vacation, Hello Stress!


WHHHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! A SHOCK to the system being back at "Club-E" (adopted by Justine...a way of making work sound like a fun place to go). This is my "Evergreen Smile"! After being off through the Holidays, it was hard to keep generating that smile. Vacation was soooo relaxing, fun and peaceful. I got up at the usual time, went to the gym, ran a few errands. Justine had me over for breakfast several times (THANKS SWEETIE). I'd go back to the house, catch up on email, bake, organize etc. It was getting old towards the end, I will admit. However, I didn't realize the stress my body goes through until today. My neck is tense, I have a POUNDING headache, my body got a little sweaty from having to concentrate so much AND I'm exhausted. I could go to bed right now and it's 8:00p.m.!!! Not that it's much earlier than my normal Zzzzzzzz-time but hey, it's still early! :-) I've decided that my body must be conditioned to operating at a high stress level, that I have never noticed it until now. I told my husband that I preferred being home, rathing than working. He didn't respond! I'm thinking it's not an option.......Ha, ha, ha! Is there anyone in the world that would like to pay for me to stay home?????????????????? :-) The one good thing I can say, is at least I only had to work ONE DAY this week and that I have until Monday to recouperate!!!!!

5 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Oh, so good for you to break into the regular Club E routine one day at a time, haha... All kidding aside, it was GREAT to hear your laugh today and have you back... I MISSED YOU WHILE YOU WERE ON VACA

 
At January 07, 2006 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain!!! I could easily slip into the routine of getting up at 6:30 to make YOU breakfast, have coffee, chat, run errands, relax, clean . . . .the funny part about it is that when I told my husband that I was "dreading" (sorry Mikki - that is the word I used, please don't take it personal:)going back to the club he stated "we could survive on just my income"! Then reality struck and I realized that it would be kinda "loserish" to be 32 years old, not working, and no kids - SOOO I am back in full swing at CLUB E and we will continue to party like it's my birthday!!!

 
At January 09, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

If only I could pay you to stay home and raise my little sweet-pea - how great would that be for both of us!! :)

 
At January 09, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Oh - and totally laughing at Justine's comment. :)
I actually know someone who was like that - can you believe it?! She has a baby, now... but before that, umm... wierd. ;)

 
At January 18, 2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

I love that we are 'there' for each other at Club-E, it's the only way to get through some days... Hope you're back in the swing of things, you have good energy that we all need to be part of :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home