Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"JEALOUSY is an Emotion we CAN Live Without."

"When you are jealous of someone else, your positive attitude suffers.

When tempted to compare yourself to a woman who is more beautiful or successful than most, you have a CHOICE (did you know you had a choice?). You can CHOOSE to admire her fine attributes or let the green-eyed monster have its way. If you CHOOSE jealousy, you will become NEGATIVE, learn to doubt yourself and cultivate both FEAR and ANGER. But, when you CHOOSE admiration, you nurture an inner awe and wonder, which is too often lost as children grow into adults.

Turn jealousy into admiration. Stop comparing yourself to those with wonderful qualities. Replace negative feelings with appreciation and admiration, and appreciation of your OWN great qualities will grow"! www.mymeditations.com

********
I love opening my email and getting Jane Powell's meditations. Today, the above quoted meditation struck me as something I wanted to post because I've had many conversations with friends/family that there is a level of jealousy they have of the life I live. Although, I take it as a compliment, I also find it interesting when I am being judged by those who don't even know me. It AMAZES me, the stories that people create in their minds about who a person is, why they are the way they are etc. I suppose that's why I find people fascinating. We are all so different but at the same time, so much alike.
Those that KNOW & LOVE me, know that: I am fun, outgoing, motivated, compassionate, loving, flirtatious, a "freak" at times. I am smart (thank you Melissa for your reminders), I am creative & I am also "the duchess" :-). I am passionate about people living the life they want.
I am a ton of things and you either love me or you don't. :-) I have a wonderful family (both mine & Gerry's), my friends are ALL treasures (both male & female) and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for anyone in my life--no consideration of the longevity of their friendship. I am GRATEFUL that my husband allows me freedom & independence. The thing that I have learned since taking The Forum, is that EVERYDAY I have a CHOICE in how I live my life. I have a choice to be jealous or admire, to be angry or happy, to love or to hate, to be passionate or "blah", to be motivated or lazy. We ALL have a choice. What are you choosing for your life today?


3 Comments:

At January 03, 2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome quote; I couldn't have stated it better myself. As for the qualites in yourself - you are RIGHT ON target and I LOVE you for you. And, as the Duchess would say "Don't hate me because I am beautiful" he!he!

 
At January 03, 2006 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your "Other Mother" speaking and I am so very glad that you can also list modesty as one of your attributes!

You are wonderful, don't let anything depress you...we all have a destiny and it is for us to find out! Slowly!

 
At January 09, 2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Ditto Justine! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home