Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Where's the "3 to 6" Inches of Snow???

At the end of the driveway, walking Bailey, I'm wondering how the meteorologist can never seem to get it right. With all the technology and science in our world today, is it ABSOLUTELY out of the question to be able to forecast snowfall? I've decided that when they say we're going to have "a lot" of snow, that I should assume just the opposite! :-) When they say we are expecting "little" snow, that's when we get nailed!

So as Bailey makes his "doggy snow angels" and burries his face to sniff out something rancid in the earth, I am entertained by this "mysterious" bottle that is permanently wedged into our stone wall which boarders our property. I have walked passed it several times and often wondered how it ever got there. I cannot identify what kind of beverage was once bottled in it. However, I have had a lot of fun making up a story about the existence of this bottle. I've got it made up that it was a beer that a farmer man was drinking on a hot summer's day after long hours of haying. I imagine that he has the bottle in his hand, with his arm propped up on his leg which is balanced on the stone wall, talking "farmer talk" to his other fellow workers and quenching his thirst with a "brewskie". He leaves his beer bottle to be permanently marked in history....never even knowing in that moment, the memory he was creating and the stories people would tell about the mysterious bottle! For all those who I have just made giggle, NO, I DO NOT have too much time on my hands!! Well, maybe a little as I left work early...........:-)

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

YOU are crazy! Remember, you don't have to add in ONE HOUR of commute to your day either. :-) That is how I justify leaving a little early today. He, he, he! Sounded good when I tossed it around in my head earlier. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home