Sunday, June 11, 2006

Annual Golf Tournament

Every year for the last six years, I have volunteered for the Parola Golf Tournament with my friend Laurie. We were not sure what we were going to be able to do this year in ticket sales because of the rain on the golf course. We were asked to stay at a stationery spot and not travel around the course like we have all other years. We decided that we were comitted to raising more money this year and requested the possibility of traveling around the course AS LONG AS we promised to stay on the cart paved trails. We got the "o'kay" from Dickey and were well on our way! Every year Laurie and I have raised an average of $600.00 in the $5.00 raffle. This year, I am VERY proud to say, that she and I raised over $1400.00 in the $5.00 raffle! Thanks to all of those who support the Parola Foundation!!! We could not do it without you!!


This year, Gerry's team lost Gary to a fishing trip. Joe (far left) was VERY EXCITED to take Gary's place and did very well.....what does Joe NOT do well at??? The guys were very impressed with his game, considering Joe has never played golf before! Gary, it looks like you might be replaced....he, he, he!


We cannot forgot some of my FAVORITE guys....all on one team! :-) Forrest (far right) was up to his knees in wet pants....his "Asian Silk" pants! Ha, ha, ha! They too were short one of their regular team players when Doug (left of Forrest) stepped in and played at the last minute. He was originally scheduled to volunteer! He took Eric's place as his wife was in an auto accident!!!!
Gerry, many beers later, yells from the green, "Ton, get us more beer"! I told him I was not one of his troopers and did not have to follow his "order". :-) To that, he replied, "Now"! He thought he was pretty funny until he saw me drive away! Then he kindly asked with a "PLEASE".

All in all, it was a fabulous day! All the players were in good spirits! It never rained until the final two holes and Kirby, one of the golfers bid on a Nike Golf bag and gave it to me!!!!!!!!! THANKS KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Yes, there may have been some slight manipulation on my part but in the end, HE made the final choice! :-) Somehow, Gerry thought HE should get the golf bag because his is broken. I told him he could have my old one! He, he, he!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At June 11, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I have some other really nice pictures that I've got to send off to be printed! I'll send them via email first and see what you think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home