Sunday, August 20, 2006

At the Lake


My father....sporting his best white T-shirt! He, he, he!!!! This was a picture of my parents and I standing very carefully on the deck that is loosly covered with plywood! Dad has spent every weekend down here helping Gerry build John's house. We are very thankful for his help!

My mother and I walked down to see the house and to tell the men that dinner was going to be ready! I wanted a picture of the three of us with the view of the lake behind us. My mother....who is completely scared of heights, was dragged out onto the deck for this photo! She told me her butt cheeks were squeezed tight because she was so scared....can you see it in her smile??? I have giggled about it since I loaded it from my camera!!!! I am pretty good about heights and have climbed many moutains so it was quite simple for me. At one point when I was backing up, she screamed, thinking I was going to fall through an open area. I'm glad, that no matter my age, my mother still worries about me! :-) I love you mom and dad! Thank you for all your blood, sweat and tears---for giving up part of yourselves and raising me to be the person I am today! :-)

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 9:31 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Do you know that I have heard the words "butt cheeks" out of your mouth so much that I could hear it clearly in my head as I just read that... he he! :)
I agree with Justine... life just wouldn't be the same!
Just got home and got your message - I would LOVE to come visit some night this week for dinner - you name the night and we're there! :) (Couldn't call you to tell you this cuz you are cozy in bed). :) SMOOTCH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home