Monday, September 25, 2006

It's That Time of the Year....

YES!!! I'm still alive!!!!!!!!!!! I've been ALL over the world and never home long enough to catch up posting!

This was one of the pumpkins that the twins and I carved out. I got this FABULOUS carving kit that came with the blinking eyes at Christmas Tree Shop!!! The kids LOVED it. I also found a battery operated "strobe light" for them to use inside the pumpkins instead of a candle. I spent the night with them recently and was amazed to listen to them talk. They wanted to go to McDonald's and get Happy Meals.....so off we went. Noah got some robotic toy and
Miss Isabelle got a little Mermaid "watch" with a mirror and lip gloss. On the way back home she told me she that her mermaid watch was full of "special powers" that she was going to use it on her "boy" friend when he wasn't being nice. I asked her what it was all about and she started giving me examples of how she doesn't always like the way he plays with her...sometimes "he's mean". She wanted me to give her advice on something she wanted to say to him the next time she didn't like the way he played. She shot off one idea and that was to (as she folded her arms over each other) tell him that he was mean and she was going to tell this to her brother and let him know. I started to respond when Noah interrupted and said, "Isabelle, if you don't like the way he plays, then just tell him you'd rather not and go play on your own....you don't have to be mean and dramatic". I laughed at the irony of this 5 year old's perfect solution. It was so "male" and "logical" compared to Miss Isabelle's...full of "drama" and "all about her". :-) It occured to me that women and men/girls and boys just don't see the world in the same way. Even at that age, there is drama. Where does it all start? I giggled just thinking about how Noah's advice was so similar to that of all men in my life. No drama, direct and to-the-point! :-) I had a FABULOUS time with them. We played "monster", hide-and-seek, told impromptu "scary" stories. We rented movies...a "boy" and a "girl" movie...to be "even". :-) Ohhhh, it's so nice to be reminded of what it's like being a kid again.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Fancy shmancy pumpkin! I like the idea of the lights...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home