Sunday, September 03, 2006

Soup & Sandwich

All I can say is, "YUMMMMMMMYYYYY". When cooler weather strikes, I LOVE to bake! I'm not one that cooks by heating things in the microwave, slapping it on the plate and saying, "Come and eat". Not that there is anything wrong with that way of cooking, it's just not a preference of mine. I like to do it the "old fashioned" way. I like something that takes "cultivating" and baking for the day. It seems "heartier" and healthier. :-)

Yesterday I was in a little bit of a "funk". I decided that cooking would get me out of it. I made Creamy tomato/pesto soup which is to DIE for! I then tried a new recipe for baked ham and cheese sandwiches. Again, quite a process. You make a sauce (like that for mac and cheese) and set it aside to cool. When you're ready to make the sandwiches, you spread that sauce on each slice of bread, layering it with ham and cheese. The final top piece of bread, you put cheese on too and bake in the oven! YUMMMMMMMYYYYY! Not healthy for sure but a nice treat with tomato soup! The sandwiches tasted like baked mac and cheese with ham. They were out of this world.

Today, I am making my famous Italian spaghetti sauce! My father LOVES it---I'm pretty sure because it reminds him of his mother's sauce (straight from Italy). So, I will serve him up some sauce and meatballs when he and Gerry get done working on John's house. Another cold day in August and another great day to cook!!!! :-)

Peace & love my friends!

1 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you that those plates and bowls would make a fabulous cook out of you! The presentation is wonderful.....I'll bet those two dishes will become a favorite over the winter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home