Monday, September 04, 2006

Warm & Toasty

Well, last night I decided it was cold and rainy and how nice it would be to get the fire place going. It makes the living room all warm and toasty. Of course, Bailey loves soaking his 84 year old bones right in front of it....along with my father! After dinner last night, I pulled the rocking chair in front of the fire place for my father to sit in. Bailey decided he would keep my father's feet warm by laying on them. He's a crazy dog!

This is a sad time of the year for me....as summer winds down and the cold air creeps in, along with the shorter days. I RESIST it all the way. I love the long days, the warm air, the way the sun feels on my skin. This time of the year, I try to set my focus on the leaves turning! I love the fall too but not as much as I enjoy the summer.

Gerry's down at the lake working on his father's house and I'm at home starting another fire and loading it up with wood for the day! It's cold and gray outside! I just got back from the gym and enjoying breakfast with Forrest & Justine!!!! I think I'll do some reading and catch up on some email! I hope someone is doing something fun today! I'm going to take it easy!

2 Comments:

At September 04, 2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Fiddler said...

How funny, must be the change in the weather or something... I built a fire in the wood stove this morning, just to take the chill off :) The smell of the wood fire, the change in the wind direction, the rustle of leaves and the occasional splash of red color on the roadside... yeah, fall is in the air!

 
At September 16, 2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

I'm with you on the weather - I have all I can do to not stomp my feet and throw a tantrum on that first cold day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home