Sunday, October 01, 2006

Overnight with Auntie Tonya!

Here's little Miss Gabby "earning her keep". She got dropped off while I was in the middle of cleaning my floors. I told her she could help me finish cleaning! :-) She was excited to see more than puzzles this time. She spent most of the weekend using the "cleaning" set that I picked up. She even cleaned the wood chips off the fire place!


So this marks in history, the first time that Miss Gabby has come anywhere near the FLOOR when Bailey is around. I was concerned that we would be shipping her back home once Bailey was back at the house. She's usually terrified, wanting to be held, won't eat etc. So this time, I put her down in front of him and she resisted at first. I told her that Bailey was VERY excited to see her and that she could expect him to sniff her so that he would know who she was and learn to protect her. I told her that he would wag his tail and smile to let her know he was happy to see her. I also told her that he smelled like a skunk because he thought he was chasing a kitty! She actually enjoyed him!! She kept saying, "C'mon Bailey, let's go throw rocks in the lake". He would run down beside us and chase the rocks in the water like they were treats. We had such a FANTASTIC time. We ended up having to get dressed for a party and she sat on the counter in the bathroom as I got ready and wanted to "look pretty". I gave her a little lipstick, some sparkles on her eyes and a little touch of blush on her cheeks. She was so excited about the lip stick and make up, that's all she talked about.

Little Miss Gabby, I love you with all my heart. You are SO smart, well mannered, beautiful and have such a wonderful spirit. Auntie loved watching Elmo and snuggling, playing in the woods....looking for twigs and playing in the lake! I also loved the books you read to me...especially Curious George. I look forward to many more visits and watching you grow up to be a beautiful woman and someone that makes a difference in the world.

P.S. Thank you for helping me clean and bringing squash in from the garden! :-)

1 Comments:

At October 02, 2006 8:12 AM, Blogger Fiddler said...

Little Miss GAbby is awfully lucky to have an Auntie Tonya :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home