Saturday, November 18, 2006

Celebrating Life at Both Ends....

YEAHHHHHHH Forrest & Justine!!!!!
This little guy came into the world weighing 9lbs, 1oz. and measuring 22 inches long!



This is one of my FAVORITE pictures of little "John Daly Jr." He, he, he! Forrest is a big fan of John Daly....he even went and bought this little guy his first set of golf clubs....John Daly's old set! Imagine that!




Yesterday was such a beautiful day! Being a part of Forrest & Justine's excitement! It is just an absolute miracle! Of course, there was nothing private about "John Daly Jr." coming into the world. Deidra and I were taking pictures like the paparatzi! We didn't miss a click until "Bertha" the head nurse put her foot down! :-)

As much as I didn't want to leave, I had to leave for a family funeral. Justine was just getting released to her room when I had to go! (Boo hoo)

I don't know how I got to the funeral home with time to spare. It took all of my being to leave the hospital and go to Zeze's funeral. Now, this is how it goes....Zeze was my father's father's brother's wife! How was that? Took me a minute to get it myself. :-) She was the last of that generation....the Italian matriarch! I remember growing up and listening to her and Nana compete with each other on the phone of who had the worst ailments! My Nana always seemed to hang up the phone, all upset over the competition and that SHE was the one with the worst ailments. I laugh, thinking about how that was a big part of Nana and Zeze's conversations! I also remember as a little girl, getting my cheeks pinched and her saying, "Ohhhh, Toniooch, just look at how you've grown"! I remembered the discomfort after my cheeks being pinched! I got smart and use to cover them when I walked into her house. Ha, ha, ha! I told my 3 year old niece about it on the way to the "Funeral Reception". I said, "Gabby, whatever you do, cover your cheeks. We're going to be with all the Italians today and they are going to want to grab your cheek and say, 'Oh, Gabriella'." She laughed and asked me to show her what they would do. I did and she thought it was fun and kept asking me to do it again!

Anyway, what a day! It really was a day celebrating life at both ends. Seeing Forrest and Justine's little guy come in to the world and then saying Goodbye to Zeze!

2 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give my best to Forrest and Justine -- he is absolutely gorgeous!!
Nize

 
At November 20, 2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's such a beautiful baby! Can't wait to kiss those toes!

xo, Mik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home