Saturday, December 23, 2006

"Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree..."

Here is the most beautifully shaped tree I have purchased in ONE YEAR! :-) I love buying them off the same guy every year. He always has them out on display and they are not bound by twine so you really get a good look at what you're going to purchase! I open the back of the Explorer and have him slide the beast in there. I've got it down to a science now....I buy a 7.5' to 8' tree and then have Gerry cut just enough to not scrape the ceiling. He, he, he! Oh, and it's MY TURN this year to have white Christmas lights!!! WHA-WHOOOO!!! Gerry and I have to alternate every year so that he gets his colored lights!

I also did something a little different with the mantle this year and I LOVE IT!!! It looks so pretty all lit up with the tea lights! :-) Just missing the roaring flames in the fire place!

Well, on a side note....my computer is up and running! It was touch and go for a little while this week as I was trying to fix it in between the THREE MILLION other things I had on the calander! There are times that I really think that by throwing the computer out into the road, I might have a little more sanity! Ha, ha, ha! So, I'm back online friends! Sorry I have been out of touch!

I also had a good time with the twins!!! Leslie, Susan and I all went together as I planned to take the twins to lunch and a movie! They wanted to see "Happy Feet". It was a cute movie but a little over the top with adult content. I'm going to take them to see "Charlotte's Web" and I CAN'T wait! They don't know it yet but it's another date with "Auntie" for lunch and a movie for Christmas! I don't know if I more excited about seeing an old-time classic movie or about taking them....hmmmm! A little tough competition! I grew up loving that book!

Merry Christmas to all my friends! I love and adore all of you! Have a safe and wonderful holdiay!!!!

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2006 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree :) I like your idea of alternating between the colored and the white lights... Happy holidays!

 
At December 24, 2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a joyous 2007!

Your tree is lovely,and your dinner party looked wonderful! Sorry that you won't be having a white Christmas but your turn will come. We have 6 inches of the white stuff still on the ground!

Love to you all...Your Other Mother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home