Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Did it, I DID IT!!!



I am once again down in Boston while my friend Laurie is doing the Landmark Forum! I'm very excited to be here to support her and to have fun in the BIG city!

So, whenever I make a trip to Boston, my friend Peter begs me to pick up cookies from Spinelli's. I made the mistake of turning off of Route 1 in Lynnfield, MA and finding the most incredible pasta/pastry shop. Peter and I are both Italian and can appreciate Italian cookies. Anyway....today I was going to venture back to Lynnfield to pick up a box of cookies for us to share. When I called the number in the phone book to get their hours, I discovered there was one in East Boston! I went to MapQuest and got the directions. Well, you never know when you come to the city if certain exits or OPEN or CLOSED! I-90 East was closed and there was a detour. "GREAT"! That's what I'm thinking!

In the moment of fear, I decided that getting lost was not an option. I paid close attention to all the detour signs and managed to get myself there. I'm very proud of myself and even claimed to Kristin (Peter's wife) that I take the title of a "Bostonian". :-) I even got myself BACK to the hotel!

Other than that, I have been to Planet Fitness and determined it was too far away from the hotel....considering Gold's Gym is 1/4 of a mile from the hotel. I called member services and explained I was in the area for the weekend and wanted fees to use their facility. I was told that it was $15.00/day to go to their gym. I made a request and asked if it was possible to pay $5.00/day. ;-) Member services transfered me to Tom. I made my request again and he told me to come up! I got there and he told me that I could pay him $15.00 and that he would give me a card for FIVE visits until the end of April! :-) YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S POSSIBLE unless you are willing to make a request! :-) LOVE IT!

So, I'm having a good time and meeting Laurie for dinner tonight! We are going for Thai! YUMMY! I cannot WAIT!

Peace & love my friends

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2007 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-Madd... you're amazing... you are an inspiration... All things are possible as long as we BELIEVE they are possible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home