Friday, February 02, 2007

"Duchess" Wears Prada

Last weekend when I went to Boston, I decided while my friend Laurie was doing the Landmark Forum, that I would hit the South Shore Plaza! I always have GREAT fun shopping there....even if it's just looking around.

A little background: The last time I went to Boston with my mother, I found an outfit....like that was a treat for me FINALLY having my mother do the Landmark Forum. I decided I needed to celebrate. Ohhh....did I have fun. I found this classy leaopard print skirt and a cowl neck black sweater with a patent leather belt and patent leather shoes! I was VERY excited about it and came back to Maine sporting it! So, that being said, I have decided to create it as a "tradition" that anytime I go to Boston to support ANYONE doing the Landmark Forum, that I will get myself a special treat. This time, it was my Zebra stripped jacket!


I have had a lot of people remark that I look like Meryl Streep in "Devil Wears Prada". Minus Meryl's attitude in the movie, I can completely get it. Ha, ha, ha! I just LOVE my jacket. It's so me! I will even say that it occurs like I have a better day when I wear it. I think it's because it brings out my confidence and a bold smile when I strut my stuff in it. He, he, he!

I have had some funny looks at the grocery store and I giggle at it. I just think, "Hey, I'm over here being me and loving this sassy jacket so move over judgements, THE DUCHESS is sporting Zebra". :-)

So, to all of you, be who you are, regardless of opinions, judgements and all the other crap! :-)

1 Comments:

At February 03, 2007 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you wore Prada to the big To-Do on Friday... and that you gave everyone the full effect of our beloved friend Duchess... LOVE this jacket!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home