Sunday, February 18, 2007

What a BEAUTIFUL Day!!!

Today was SUCH a beautiful day! I got a lot of MUCH NEEDED house cleaning done and decided to walk around the lake! I LOVE walking around the lake during the winter---especially when it's warm like it was today! The air is so crisp, it smells clean, feels good to walk with the snow crunching under every step I take (LOVE the sound of that). I notice animal tracks that I never would during the rest of Maine's seasons. Bailey and I had a little extra work walking around the lake today. We usually cut across land that is not developed and also connects to another camp road. Well, the snow has a nice crust of ice on the top of fluffy snow. So, Bailey delicately walked and then would fall through the ice layer.

The snow was above my knees! I fell through the entire 200 foot stretch! I kept trying to pick Bailey up because when he went through, he couldn't get back up because his hind legs are lame from old age! We had fun! I laughed and giggled at the site we were. Bailey would take breaks to catch his breath.


One of the things that I love to do is make snowballs and throw them for Bailey to chase! He thinks there's some hidden treat....only because I put a treat in a snowball one time so he thinks all snowballs have treats in them. It's fun to watch him chase the snowball and bite into it to find NOTHING! He, he, he! I give him plenty of treats during the walk so he's very well taken care of! :-)


Well, it's back to work on Monday! Uh, NO, I do not have the day off like most of the world! Any of my friends reading this would laugh at that simply because I only work FOUR days a week! Well, to all of you....THEY ARE FOUR VERY LONG DAYS...K! :-)
Peace & Love!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home